Housekeeper / Cook
Covering the same duties as a housekeeper but with the additional responsibility of preparing meals for the family, a housekeeper cook can enjoy a varied and interesting role. They will be responsible for maintaining a clean, neat and tidy home, as well as preparing, cooking and serving nutritious meals for the household. Whilst a keen interest in cooking comes as standard, for those housekeeper cooks that are more advanced in their cookery skills, there may be a requirement to prepare and cook for dinner parties, family entertaining, etc.
Whilst a housekeeper cook should expect to agree the specifics of their role with a prospective family before accepting a position, the below should provide a comprehensive overview of duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing, cooking and serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Agreeing menus and dietary requirements with the employer
- Managing grocery shopping and associated budgets
- Maintaining a clean and tidy household – including kitchen, bathrooms and living areas
- Cleaning windows
- Washing and ironing laundry, as well as arranging dry cleaning, where necessary
Housekeeper cooks can expect to be reference checked – as is standard with Little Ones London and many other agencies. They may also be requested to present a DBS record from their home country.
A housekeeper cook that lives in the family home can expect to earn between £400 and £500 per month, whilst a live-out housekeeper cook can look to earn £450-£550.